Chocolate Waffles with White Chocolate Sauce
Preparation time: 20 min
Bake time: 25 minutes
Who said chocolate’s not for breakfast? These chocolate waffles make for an indulgent morning treat, especially when topped with some creamy white chocolate sauce! Now that’s something worth rolling out of bed for!
1 cup - granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup - all-purpose flour
1/3 cup - cocoa powder
1/2 tsp - baking soda
1 1/2 tsp - baking powder
3/4 tsp - salt
1 tsp - instant coffee powder
1/3 cup - chopped dark chocolate (see note below about choosing chocolate!)
3 tbsp - unsalted butter
2 tbsp - canola oil
1 1/2 tsp - pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup - buttermilk
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- Stir in water and coffee until dissolved and set aside.
- Stir chocolate and butter over low heat in a saucepan until melted. Whisk oil, vanilla, and coffee mixture into chocolate. Then, whisk eggs and buttermilk together and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Heat waffle iron, grease lightly and spoon about 1/3 cup of batter onto each iron (amounts may vary depending on size of iron).
- Cook until waffle loosens easily from iron, about 4 minutes. Remove & keep warm.
1. Heat cream until it boils. Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth.
What Chocolate Should I Use?
Bean-to-Bar: Sourced from sustainable farms and made here in Sherwood Park, each origin of chocolate has a unique and distinct flavour.Callets: Imported from France, this fine chocolate is a great option for baking.