Preparation time: 30 min
Yields: 2 parfaits
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
100g JACEK Bean-to-Bar dark chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, 1 tbsp sugar, and 1/2 cup of cream. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until slightly thickened (do not boil).
- Remove from heat & whisk in the melted chocolate. Strain to a medium sized bowl and chill until cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream with remaining 1 tbsp sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled custard mixture, then gently fold in the rest with a rubber spatula. Set aside until assembly.
- Beat 1 cup of whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside until assembly.
- Using a wine glass (or any clear vessel), layer the chocolate mousse, crushed cookie, whipping cream, and strawberries in as many layers as you can fit.
- Finish off with shaved dark chocolate and a JACEK Oozy Heart for an extra luxurious touch.