THREE WAYS TO SHARE THE LOVE THIS VALENTINE'S DAY
No matter who you are spending your time with this year, we’ve come up with three foolproof ways to celebrate February 14th.
1. A Blindfolded Chocolate Tasting
Did you know losing one sense can often heighten others? A blind taste test really can change the way you experience chocolate - subtle flavours you may not have noticed suddenly get pushed to the forefront, and you are now able to detect all the variety of textures we pack into our bonbons: chocolates, ganaches, gelees, caramels etc. Sound fun?
Here’s how to do it:
We recommend The Love Letter of Fine Chocolate, but you can choose any flavours that you think your partner will enjoy.
- First, have your partner close their eyes (or blindfold them).
- Then, one at a time, lead them through the 6 different chocolates. Allow them the time to truly savour each chocolate they are tasting. Let the chocolate melt and coat their palette.
- Ask them what flavour notes and textures they are sensing. Remember - everyone’s palette is different so there is no right or wrong answers here. It’s more about the fun of the experience.
- Finally, have them guess the flavour and enjoy the chocolate together.
We hope that we have inspired you to have your own Valentine’s chocolate date night in!
2. A GAL-entine's Party
Step 1: Send out invitations
Step 2: Decorate your house
Step 3: Spoil your friends
May we suggest:
Chocolate Espresso Martini:
Melted dark chocolate
1 oz espresso
1 oz vodka
1 oz cream or coffee liqueur (depending on your taste preference)
Coffee beans for garnish
Dip your glass into melted chocolate to coat the rim. Place in fridge for 5 mins to set. Combine your espresso, vodka and liqueur in a shaker filled with ice. Shake to combine and pour into a glass. Garnish with coffee beans and enjoy!
*** Vodka and coffee creamer below can be found at https://www.hawkeprohibition.com/ in Sherwood Park.
3. A PAL-entine's Game Night
One step: Set up that games table and enjoy the night with good friends and tasty treats.
Hope this helps plan your day. For more ideas follow us on social.
The JACEK team