These scones are the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Thanks to our wonderful 104th Boutique Manager, Jamie Dixon, for developing this amazing recipe:
DULCEY & CHEDDAR SCONES
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped dulcey callets (available at JACEK Chocolate)
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Combine one egg and buttermilk in another smaller bowl and set to side
- Cut butter into cubes and put into dry ingredients bowl. With fingers break butter into smaller pieces while mixing with dry ingredients. Butter and dry ingredients mixture should resemble a coarse meal.
- Form mixture into a well in mixing bowl and place egg/buttermilk mixture in the centre of dry ingredients. Lightly, start to mix ingredients together with hands. After four to five folds, add shredded cheese and and chopped dulcey callets.
- Once ingredients loosely come together pour mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Turn mixture 4-5 more times until just combined. Flatten dough into a one inch high circle. Take a knife and proceed to cut the dough into 8 triangles. Place triangles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then place the baking sheet in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- With a fork, mix up the remaining egg until yolk has mixed with whites. After the 30 minutes, brush top of scones with the egg wash and place in oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until tops are a golden colour.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes to cool, then ENJOY!