Makes 24 mini muffins
Preparation time: 20 min
Bake time: 12 minutes
Oven temperature: 375F
If you’re craving warm fall spices, you’ve come to the right place! With a batter made from yogurt, whole wheat flour, and no refined sugar, these muffins are healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. We chose to top ours with sweet caramelized white chocolate to make them extra indulgent.
These muffins are small enough to be a great addition to a kid’s lunch box! Kick off the school year and the beginning of fall with warm spices and sweet chocolate.
For the Muffins:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (make it gluten-free by using a GF flour blend 1:1)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 pinch baking soda
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp chai mix (if you can’t find a pre-made mix, use our chai spice mix recipe below)
1/3 cup yoghurt
6-7 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp milk
3/4 tbsp olive oil
1 small egg (make it egg-free by omitting the egg and adding an extra tablespoon of milk.
3/4 tsp vanilla
For the coating:
120g Caramelized White Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease the mini muffin pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and slowly combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and slowly mix together.
- Fill the mixture into the pan and bake for about 12 minutes (do the toothpick test after about 10 minutes. If it doesn’t come out clean, leave in the oven for a couple more minutes).
- Take out of the oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to on to a cooling rack.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a double boiler (put the chocolate in an an oven-safe bowl and place it in a pot with water, just enough so that the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Put the pot with the bowl on the stove and start heating on medium-low while stirring frequently until the chocolate is completely melted. Turn off the heat.)
We used caramelized white chocolate to add a nice subtle sweetness with caramelly notes to the yoghurt based muffins.
- Dip the muffins in the melted chocolate or take a teaspoon and drizzle the melted chocolate over the muffins one-by-one.
JACEK Chai Spice Mix:
1 tsp ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
1 tsp ground Ginger
1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
1 tsp ground Cloves
1 tsp ground Peppercorn