Cleaning & Production Assistant
About the Company:
We are an award-winning small business, with 10 years in manufacturing and retailing of luxury confectionary products. We are a Sherwood Park based organization with a retail boutique, a partner location, wholesale partners & online sales across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Production Assistant with a focus on cleaning duties to join our team to allow us to keep up with production requirements.
The ideal fit will be a candidate with laser focus on details & fast paced. We are a dynamic team that shares a core purpose to spread joy by working in an environment of teamwork, artistry, continuous improvement and excellence.
What you’ll do?
Cleaning tasks will include:
- All dishwashing tasks; rinsing, dishwashing, unloading the dishwasher and putting away the cleaned items
- End of day production area clean down, including sanitation, sweeping, mopping and completing the relevant documentation
- Deep cleaning based on the HACCP requirements & schedule in the production, warehouse and food storage areas, and completing the relevant documentation.
- Bathrooms (daily) & lunchroom (weekly)
Assisting the production team with tasks such as:
- Preparing & polishing molds on the front end of the chocolate making process, then knocking out & condensing the chocolates from the molds onto trays to prepare for packaging
- Receiving ingredients and packaging, and putting them into storage in their designated locations (must be able to lift 30lbs)
- Cycle counting of ingredients, packaging and supplies on a monthly basis
- Tasks related to our HACCP Plan, including monitoring temperatures, sanitations schedules
- Vacuum/Nitrogen sealing ingredients
- Preparing recipes
The ideal candidate will:
- Flexibility is preferred; however current hours are 8am – 4pm on weekdays
- Manage time-effectively and is a self-starter to get all tasks completed
- Have high standards for cleanliness (and enjoy cleaning!)
- Must enjoy repetitive tasks, and always looking for ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Have kitchen & cleaning experience
- Must be able to be on their feet for long periods of time
This is a full time position at our Head Office in Sherwood Park, and you will report to the Production Manager.
Sound like you?
To apply for the position, please submit your resume & cover letter with details to why you would be a good fit for JACEK to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2021.