An easy-to-make bonbon recipe that’s fun to do with your kids!
Makes about 50-70 bonbons
Kitchen tools: Heatproof bowl, knife, spatula, immersion blender
1.5 cups Valrhona Manjari (64%) callets
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
Also: Valrhona cocoa powder / sprinkles / (toasted) shredded coconut / cocoa nibs / chopped nuts etc.
- Finely chop Manjari Callets, add to a heatproof bowl
- Add cream and corn syrup to a pot and bring to 80°C (175°F), then pour mixture over the finely chopped chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute
- Using a spatula, stir cream and chocolate together using small circles; starting in the centre and working your way to the outside until it is all mixed
- Add butter immediately and use immersion blender to fully mix
- Let the mixture cool to 25°C and use the immersion blender once again to obtain a nice, smooth emulsion
- Place bowl in the fridge to cool until firm (appox. 45 mins)
- Once firm, scoop chocolate out 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball
- Finish by rolling truffle in cocoa powder, sprinkles, (toasted) shredded coconut, cocoa nibs, chopped nuts, etc.