Makes 24 brownies
Preparation time: 15 min
Bake time: 50 minutes
Oven temperature: 350F
Everything is better with chocolate, especially zucchini! Fudgey, moist, and packed with chocolate, this bread is a crowd pleaser! Pack in kids lunches, freeze for later, or enjoy it all at once!
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (check out the note on choosing chocolate below!)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1/4 cup yogurt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Re-arrange oven rack so it is in the lower third position, and preheat to 350°. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Place the shredded zucchini on paper towels to absorb some moisture. Press some sheets of paper towel on the top as well. Leave a bit of moisture in the zucchini, as it will keep the loaf moist!
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, instant coffee, and chocolate chunks together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar and vanilla together until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly whisk to combine. Fold in the zucchini, then pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (All ovens are different, so don’t be alarmed if your bread takes longer to cook)
- Allow bread to cool completely in the pan and set on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve when the bread is completely cooled. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Adapted from www.sallysbakingaddiction.com/double-chocolate-zucchini-bread/