Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Recipe
Makes 24 brownies
Preparation time: 25 min
Bake time: 40 minutes
Oven temperature: 350F
Move over pumpkin pie! This chocolate-y alternative will satisfy your cravings for brownies, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake in one delicious bite. With a moist chocolate layer on the bottom, and a decorative cheesecake swirl on the top, brownies just became a showstopper for your Thanksgiving feast, and a perfectly portable for a snack the day after.
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt For the Cheesecake Swirl:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together melted butter, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until combined. Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Set the pan aside while you move on to preparing the cheesecake topping.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Reserve about 2/3 cup of the cheesecake mixture (this will be the white cheesecake swirl layer)
- Mix the pumpkin into the remaining cheesecake mixture (this will be the orange cheesecake swirl layer)
- Starting with the white batter, spoon the mixture onto the brownie batter in thin rows, leaving space in-between each row.
- Spoon the orange cheesecake batter in rows beside the white batter rows.
- Run a butter knife through the batter to create swirls.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing.
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 3 tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Cloves