Cocoa Nib Shortbread Cookies
Preparation time: 15 min (plus 1 hour for chilling)
Bake time: 25 minutes
- Beat together butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, and salt until combined. Beat in flour until just combined, then fold in cocoa nibs.
- Shape dough into a cylinder, about 2" in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Slice the cookies to be 1/4 inch thick, and place on a lined cookie sheet
- Bake cookies until they are puffy and golden, around 18-25 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl with coconut oil. Melt in the microwave until smooth.
- Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt while the chocolate is still melted.
- Let chocolate set for at least an hour before serving, or store them in an air tight container to enjoy later.
(recipe adapted from New York Times Cooking)