Chai Spice & White Chocolate Cookies
Preparation time: 15 min
Bake time: 13 minutes
1 tbsp cup baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1 cup butter (room temp)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg (room temp)
1 1/2 cups White Couverture Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place half the butter in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the other half of the butter over medium heat. Let it simmer for a few minutes, stirring it when it begins to foam. Cook butter until it begins to brown and has a nutty aroma.
- While butter is browning, in a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and spices. Set aside.
- When butter is browned, remove from heat and pour over the other half of the butter. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Add sugar to the bowl with the butter, and beat together on medium high speed. Add the egg and continue to beat until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the flour to butter mixture gradually, mixing at low speed until flour is combined.
- Roll cookies into balls (about 3 tbsp per ball) and bake on cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and let cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing.
We hope you have a sweet Thanksgiving! - The JACEK Team
(recipe adapted from Baran Bakery)