Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate and Bacon Cookies
By Julie Harvey
The cookie that blends intensely dark chocolate with the goodness of peanut butter smoky notes from the bacon. YUM!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate (we recommend our 90% bean-to-bar chocolate)
1/4 cup bacon bits
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together sugars, egg, margarine and peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
3. Gradually stir flours into peanut butter mixture. Stir until well incorporated.
4. Mix in chocolate and bacon bits
5. Roll dough into balls roughly 1 inch in diameter.
6. Place balls on lightly greased cookie sheet spaced approximately 2″ apart.
7. Bake for 8 minutes or until small cracks begin to appear.