About our Company:
We are an award-winning small business, with 10 years in manufacturing and retailing of luxury confectionery products. We are a Sherwood Park based organization that has two retail stores in Alberta, with wholesale partners & online sales across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Bookkeeper for 2-3 days a week (12-15 hours) as our current bookkeeper is retiring after seven wonderful years as part of our team.
The ideal fit will be a bookkeeper that has an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change. We are a dynamic team that share a core purpose to spread joy by working in an environment of teamwork, artistry, continuous improvement and excellence. The role would be suitable for a Bookkeeper that also manages other clients as the role is flexible.
Our new Bookkeeper must:
- Have a firm understanding of full-cycle accounting ( duties to include data entry, account reconciliations, GST filing and preparing timely monthly reports )
- Be a Certified Professional Bookkeeper
- Be an expert in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and have experience in the importing and mapping of data from CSV files into QBO
- Have experience with or ability and willingness to learn addition sales (Shopify) and production (Flexibake) software as it relates to bookkeeping functions
- Provide recommendations and implement best practices to advance the company from a bookkeeping/financial reporting perspective
An ideal Bookkeeper would also:
- Have an understanding of Labour Law in Alberta in order to take on payroll duties. Our payroll is managed through Ceridian HCM.
- Have the skills and drive to streamline and automate bookkeeping tasks as much as possible (ie. receipt/expense applications, data importing, etc.)
To apply for the position, please submit your resume & cover letter with details to why you would be a good fit for JACEK to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25th, 5pm.