Today, April 12th, just so happens to be National grilled cheese Day. So to celebrate, we’ve created a grilled cheese that contains some of our favourite things; roasted strawberries, triple creamed brie, and of course, a 64% dark chocolate. This sandwich is the perfect addition to any crisp spring day.
Thanks to our amazing 104th Street Boutique Manager, Jamie Dixon, for developing this spectacular recipe!
Roasted Strawberries with balsamic and black pepper
- Basket of strawberries
- 1 ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Core, rinse, and slice strawberries in half
- In a bowl, toss strawberries, black pepper, sugar and balsamic together until all strawberries are evenly coated
- Evenly spread strawberries onto a parchment lined baking sheeting and bake in oven for 25 minutes
- Leave strawberries out to cool for 10 minutes before moving into a container
*These strawberries are great over vanilla bean ice cream or in our brie and dark chocolate grilled cheese!
Roasted Strawberry, brie, and dark chocolate grilled cheese
- 3 ¼ inch thick slices of triple creamed brie
- ¼ cup roasted strawberries
- 4 chopped Valrhona Manjari Callets
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- Spread butter onto one side of each piece of bread
- On the non buttered side of one piece of bread place your brie evenly
- Spread roasted strawberries evenly on top of brie
- Spread chopped Manjari Callets on top of roasted strawberries
- Cover the sandwich with the other slice of bread, butter side out
- In a medium size frying pan, turn heat on to medium-low
- Once pan is warm, place sandwich in pan and grill the one side for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown
- Flip sandwich and grill the other side until golden brown
- After the sandwich has been grilled on both sides (10-15 minutes) place on plate and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes
- Slice sandwich in half and ENJOY!